YOU CAN’T BREAK THESE CUFFS
DISCLAIMER: THESE RULES WILL COVER DISCORD *AND* ALL OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SUCH AS FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND EVENTS IN OTHER GAMES.
WHEN CAN AN ACTION BE TAKEN?
Punishment can be applied if the following are broken:
LEGEND: HARD PUNISHMENT ; MEDIUM PUNISHMENT ; REGULAR PUNISHMENT
- Excessive swearing
• Excessive inappropriate messages the lines of:
-Any other kind of severe threat or inhumane messages
• Discrimination (This rule can escalate to HARD punishment.)
-Ageism (Discriminating against age)
-Remarks about disabilities
-Any other kinds of discrimination.
• English must be spoken only, both in text chat and voice chat.
Exception: People can speak their own language in voice chat if nobody else is there, but once someone joins they must speak English.
• Playing music in voice chat is in no way, shape or form allowed.
• Offensive or inappropriate names are not allowed.
Explanation: While we allow some profanity in the server, user names must not contain profanity.
• Even though it is a joke, please do not spread misinformation to newcomers regarding anything that we haven't fully announced yet, or something that you're not fully sure of. This is a punishable offence by mute.
• Pornography (keep it SFW)
• Abusing the Discord nickname feature is a punishable offence.
• Racist or offensive avatars aren't allowed. You will be banned from the server without warning.
• Public accusations of rule-breaking.
All broken rules must be reported to a moderator or above.
Explanation: This means that if anyone is doing something close to breaking a rule but not actually breaking it in order to annoy administration, punishment can be given.
• Piracy Discussion
- Account sharing
- Advertising your own YouTube channels or other content blatantly
This rule does not cover a simple video being shared asking for feedback or posted just for people to have a good laugh.
This rule also covers naming yourself as a character from a movie/game/book/TV show because multiple people can end up having the same name and causing trouble and confusion.
This includes rapidly changing channels in Discord to annoy people
• Leaking Galaxy in Turmoil or other Frontwire Studios files/ideas/staff conversations etc. URGENT PUNISHMENT -- INSTABAN ALWAYS
Fake leaks will be treated as real leaks.
• Voice Changers - Software or hardware that modify the pitch or add effects to your voice are not permitted
• Speech - Excessive screaming, extremely high microphone volume, or excessive background noise could cause you to be muted
• AFK - If you plan to go AFK, please join the AFK channel. We'll do this for you automatically after a couple minutes
• Just don’t be a dick.
- We will NOT provide technical support via Discord chat. For any support requests, please open a support ticket at the URL listed above.
When in doubt, Community Admins/Mods hold final and complete judgement.
In order to obtain the dedicated fan role, you must have been on the server for longer than 2 weeks, have a clean discipline record and be active on our Discord. We do not hand out the dedicated fan role on request. Asking for the role is the best way to ensure you do not get it.
This chat is mainly moderated by trusted members of the Frontwire community. Any community moderators or community administrator's opinion is theirs alone and do not represent Frontwire Studios, LLC and/or Frontwire International, INC.
If you have broken a rule or come close to doing so, your name and (if applies) Discord ID number will be stored in our database. This will help with swiftly dealing punishments in the future if needs be.
RECEIVING CHANCES - USE THEM WISELY
AKA “DON’T DO THAT AGAIN”, THE FORMAL EDITION
Generally, giving chances remains to be determined by the admin that has spotted the user performing a malicious action. In the section above, the rules are modified in three ways: emboldened, italicized, and not modified at all.
- HARD PUNISHMENT - Punishment may range from an instant kick without warning, a ban with or without warning, permanent or temporary (preferrably temporary). Hard punishments are applied with Frontwire Studios management permission.
- MEDIUM PUNISHMENT - Punishment may range from a warning PM to a kick with a warning.
- REGULAR PUNISHMENT - Punishment may range from a small “don’t do it again” or “turn it down a notch”. Simple warning, can also come in the form of a PM.
UNBANNING PROCEDURE AND HOW YOU CAN GET UNBANNED FASTER
ENOUGH WITH PUNISHMENT, HOW ABOUT REWARDING GOOD BEHAVIOUR?
These guidelines are here to prevent confusion and more quickly define when an unban is justified or not.
- No response
- When a banned user no longer responds to administration then their ban can be extended until they return.
- Repeated apology messages
- If admins receive multiple apologies from a banned user who desires to be unbanned, the admins may feel free to respond to the user asking them to stop sending them messages. If they do not stop, the admins can apply a ban extension or possibly a conversion to permanent ban.
- The ban can be extended or converted to a permaban if the admin wishes to do so if a user has threatened them.
- A threat, in this case, ranges from:
- Death threat
- DDoS threat
- Dox threat (Finding your info online to scare you)
- Other threats which may make administration feel unsafe/insecure