How to enable 2-Factor Authentication
Posted by Tony Romanelli on 04 March 2017 07:19 PM
What is 2-Factor Authentication?
2-Factor Authentication is a feature that adds an extra layer of security when logging in to your Frontwire Studios account. After entering your account information, you will be asked to provide a verification code displayed on the Authenticator app (usually Google Authenticator) installed on your mobile device.
By utilizing 2FA, you are adding an extra layer of security to your account. That means that no one else will ever be able to access your account without having access to your mobile device.
How to enable 2-Factor authentication
1. Log into your Frontwire Studios account and click "My Account" at the top of the screen. Once there, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Enable 2-Factor Authentication"
2. Enter your current password and click "Enable 2fa"
3. Download the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone. Once installed, open the app and click the "+" sign in the top right of the app
4. Click "Scan Barcode" at the bottom of the app screen
5. Scan the barcode shown in your account. Once done, type the six digit code into the popup box under the barcode on your account page and click "Send verification code"